- Khanh Dao Duc, Assistant Professor, UBC, Mathematics
- To Students: M.Sc, PhD and Postdoc positions are available. Students can choose to be affiliated with the math, computer science, or zoology departments and graduate programs at UBC, and work on a broad range of interdisciplinary research problems, in collaboration with other groups and labs across Canada and other countries.
Our group commits to the “Inclusive Excellence”, defined by UBC’s Equity Diversity and Inclusion endorsement, and strongly encourages students from underrepresented groups to apply.
Topics of research include:
- development of mathematical and computational methods for cryo-EM and image shape analysis (geometric deep learning, optimal transport, elastic metric…)
- development of bioinformatics tools and database for Ribosome 3D structures
- modelling and analysis of gene expression (optimal control, interacting particle process, RiboSeq data)
- biophysical simulations of polymer/intracellular transport (MD simulation, PDE)
- stochastic modelling and analysis of biological processes
- mathematical and computational neuroscience.
For more details, feel free to contact me.
- Clément Soubrier (PhD student, Math)
- Jalal Khouhak (PhD student, Math)
- Wanxin Li (PhD student, CS), co-supervised with Anne Condon (CS) and Yongjin Park (Statistics)
- Aryan Tajmir Riahi (PhD student, CS), co-supervised with Anne Condon (CS)
- Geoffrey Woolard (PhD student, CS), co-supervised with Michiel Van de Panne (CS)
- Shiqi Yu (PhD student, CHBE), co-supervised with Simcha Srebnik (CHBE)
- Helena Alvarenga (MSc student, Bioinformatics)
- Thibault Niederhauser (MSc Research Intern, EPFL), co-supervised with Manu Madhav (School of Biomedical Engineering)
- Keegan Flanagan (Co-op student since September 2021), co-supervised with Yossef Av-Gay (Faculty of Medicine), BSc., UBC, in progress
- Artem Kushner (undergrad RA since April 2020, Biotalent Program), BSc. (UBC, CS, in progress)
- Nicolas Legendre (Research intern, 2021, PIMS CNRS fellowship), Ecole Centrale Supélec (France), co-supervised with Nina Miolane (UCSB, USA)
- Samuel Munn (USRA, math), co-supervised with Alex Eskandarian (UCSF) and Eric Cytrynbaum (UBC, math), BSc., UBC, in progress
- Shubhleen Kaur (undergrad RA) BSc. (UBC, CS, in progress), co-supervised with Hannah Wittman (Food and Land Systems)
- Yan Zhang BSc. (undergrad RA) (UBC, stat, in progress), co-supervised with Hannah Wittman (Food and Land Systems)
- Hasti Delphi (Research Assistant), BSc. (UBC, Math)
- Anas Ben Bouazza (Research intern, summer 2021), Ecole Polytechnique (France), co-supervised with Frédéric Poitevin (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, USA)
- Jules Mirone (Research intern, 2021, PIMS CNRS fellowship), Ecole Polytechnique (France), co-supervised with Carine Legrand (DKFZ, Germany )
- Florent Michel (Research intern, 2021), Ecole Polytechnique (France), co-supervised with Nina Miolane (UCSB, USA)
- Bingyue Zhu (WLI, CS, 2020), BSc., UBC, Statistics) -> M.Sc Biostatistics, UPenn
- Xinpei Li (USRA, math, 2020), BSc., UBC, CS, in progress
- Michael Resplandy (Research intern, 2020), Ecole Polytechnique (France) -> M.Sc Data Science, Université Paris Saclay
- Arthur Ecoffet (Research intern, 2020, PIMS CNRS fellowship), Ecole Polytechnique (France) -> M.Sc Mathematics, Oxford